Field Trips & Group Visits Menu
"The best field trip ever!"
Five reasons to choose a Hands On Field Trip:
- Hands On is consistently voted Best Place to Take Kids in South Puget Sound.
- Our interactive exhibits make learning exciting, engaging, and fun!
- Museum exhibits and programs are designed to support Washington State Learning Standards through dramatic play, investigation & hands-on activities.
- Our Arts & Parts Studio gives every student an opportunity to take home a unique work of art.
- Hands On 2U brings the museum field trip experience to your school or organization.
- Try out our Makers Investigations that are facilitated explorations allowing students and chaperones to engage in self-paced activities.
At the Hands On Children’s Museum, we believe that students learn through experiences as well as experiments. Click for a Virtual Tour of the museum. Or visit our Exhibit Galleries page for more information about our galleries!
Add a Workshop
Field trips at Hands On typically last about 2 hours. Expand your students' hands-on experience by including one of our 25-minute workshops led by a museum educator during your visit. Topics include Engineer Art Bots, Catapult Construction, Fossils Rock, Circuit Scientist, and Silk Screening Design & Printing.Click here for a printable PDF of our current Field Trip Guide, which includes pricing and workshop information.
|Field Trip Admission
|Minimum 10 students required for group rate. One adult required and admitted free for every 5 children.||July-February
Add a Workshop
|Maximum of 1 class per workshop.
Add a Lunchroom
|Room only, lunch not provided.
After-Hours Field Trip
|Includes playtime in the entire museum, plus a separate room for food and belongings. (Outdoor Discovery Center not included.)
||100 people max. group size
150 people max.
200 people max.
Field Trip Scholarships
Limited Scholarships for Field Trips may be available for Rural, Military, and Title I schools and students thanks to:
- The Goldberg Family Charitable Foundation
- Institute of Museum & Library Services
- Thrive Washington
- Timberland Bank
- Port Blakely Tree Farms
- US Bank
- Robert E. and Adele M. Boydston Foundation
- Nisqually Indian Tribe
- TwinStar Credit Union
Call for more information, (360) 956-0818 x103.