Arts & Parts Studio Menu
Busy hands of all ages can choose from a huge assortment of new and recycled art supplies to create their own works of art. The new MakeSpace adds cool tools like glue guns, electric scissors and silk screening to the mix!
Art develops the whole child: the thinker, the observer, the participator, the appreciator. A study conducted by the President’s Committee on the Arts and Humanities revealed that exposure to and participation in the arts is an educational necessity. Reading, writing and math skills are enhanced through the arts.
Children involved in the arts score higher on standardized testing than their non-arts peers. Art is a tool for improving observational and motor skills, and analytic and critical thinking skills that prepare children for success in school, work and life.
- Reggio Emilia inspired station for self-exploration through experiences of touching, moving, listening, seeing and hearing with natural materials
- Free-form area for messy play with clay
- Enhanced recycled art creation station
- Artist in residence to lead projects and explain concepts
- Natural light with view of Budd Inlet and adult seating!
- Creative & Constructive